It will block you from being open to new relationships.
- Staying friends won’t make the break up easier
- You had sex with them already and it going again in normal friend is difficult to face.
- You will compare everyone they date to yourself
- One will always have hopes of getting back together.
- One of you still has feeling for together.
- Hanging out as friends will be painful. You feel like hugging and kissing them, but you can’t, because friends don’t do that
- Staying friends with your ex will lead to an on-again off-again relationship. You’ll get back together, then break up again multiple times.
- You don’t respect each other but friendship need mutual respect to survive.
- There was abuse in relationship either emotional or otherwise. so, there is no way that your relationship can easily turn in to friendship.