Satyam Rana( born 1988 August 22) is a senior visual artist who predominatly works for nepali movie industry. His freelance work is mainly geared towards visual development for film and is currently working as a freelancer in many renowned post production studios of Kathmandu Valley.He has received several awards and nominations as visual effects supervisor.He attended Bhanu bhakta memorial school ( Pani Pokhari) in and later enrolled in Universal College ( Maitidevi) in.He is also a member of Nepali Film Technion Association( NEFTA).
Award winning Visual Effects Supervisor,Rana was born on August 22 1988 in Nepalgunj mid western part of Nepal to Kamal Bahadur Rana Magar, a Radiologist and Jyoti Rana, a business women. He was schooled at Bal Mandir Montessori and Sri Chandra Mewalal High School and later joined Bhanu Bhakta Memorial School where he excelled in his studies and enrolled in Universal College Of Management for further education.
Much of the work at the beginning of Rana’s screen career combined design and special effects. He also cleared multi media diploma course from Arina multi media in order to pursue career in Cinema.He spent his early years experimenting in the graphic designs,motion graphics,visual effect(2D\3D) both aspects.First Nepali social networking site buddynepal.com (metbyfate) was lauchned by him with his members.
He began his career as a concept artist and effects technician.At the tender age of 18, he enrolled into Nepali film Ferternity and continued to work on many films as an effects expert.His VFX career began with Facebook Nepali movie which covered a moderate market.He has worked on high profile films such as Dreams, Bato Muni Ko Phool2, Kismat 2, Sakuntala, Jai Pashuram,Champion and others.
He has contributed in Nepali cinema for last 12 years. He is actively been associated as a freelancer for 8 years in many post production studios which include Movie Factory,Royal Studio, Cindle Cine Arts( Red studio), Mokshya Production,Prime Studio, Aslaysha Film Studio F.D. Studio and so on.
He has worked in more than 70 movies including some ads films.He has also been supportive to Hindi Cinema in addition to Bhojpuri Cinemas.Most recently his upcoming projects includes Aishwarya,Jaalo,A Mero Hajur 2,Super Ghorkhe,Jaalo Returns,Hifajat 2, Nepte etc.
His future plans covers to open Film Studio which will be the collaboration with Film Maker Sulav Dhakal. In addition to this he has also planned to enter in the field of visual effect director and to enrolled in the enhancement of visual effect techniques Nepali Film Industry.
He has worked on major blockbuster films such as:
- Dreams (2016) -Drama, Romantic
- Stupid Maan (2014) – Romantic
- Mala (2015) – Horror
- Facebook (2012)- Romantic
- Bhulbhulaiya (2012)- Romantic
- Saya- Cultural movie
- Yo Sahino Maya Ko -Romantic
- Parcel(2016) -Romantic
- Sakuntala (2016)- Dramatic
- Jai Pashuram (2016)- Romantic Action
- Hawaldar Suntali (2016)- Comedy
- Break Fail (2016)- Comedy
- Bidhuya (2014)- Docu Drama
- Gigalo (2012)-Docu Drama
- Lajja -Social Drama
- Best friend forever(2016)-Romantic
- Thamel.com -Social Awareness
- Mero Valentine – Romantic
- Kismat 2 -Romantic
- Bhupu Lahure – Comedy
- Ek Pal (2016)- Action and Romantic
- Bhani Deu Na Maya Garchhu – Romantic
- Jaau Hida Pokhara -Love Story
- Champion (2016)- commerical cinema
- Birkhe lai chinchhas (2014)- Comedy
- Sorry la -Romantic
- Super Gorkhe
- Hindi film Suraag
Awards and Nominations
- 2016 LG Films-nomination for best VFX artist of the year-Champion
- 2016 Box Office -nomination for best VFX artist of the year-Champion
- 2016 D-Cine Award -nomination for best VFX artist of the year-Champion
- 2016 LG Films-winner for best Special Visual Effects-Champion
- 2016 Box Office -winner for best Special Visual Effects-Champion
- He got appreciation certificate from the movie Bato Muni Ko Phool 2.