- When it comes to meeting romantic partners, most teens do this offline. Only 8% of teens say they have met a romantic partner online.
- Social media is the most common way teens express interest in someone they have a crush on.
- Nearly three-quarters (72%) of teen daters say they spend time texting with their partner daily.
- Technology can make teens feel more connected and closer to their partner; it can also cause feelings of jealousy and uncertainty.
- Teenager are mostly attracted towards sex.
- Teens frown upon ending a relationship via text message, but many have experienced break-up texting.
- Teens often take steps to sever digital ties with their ex-partner after break-ups.’
- The loss of a first love can be so crushing to some teenagers that they become suicidal.
- Today’s teenagers date not for mate selection but for fun.