A model is a person with a role either to promote, display, or advertise commercial products (notably fashion clothing) or to serve as a visual aide for people who are creating works of art or to pose for photography.
One of the most important assignments for models is to work or attend fashion shows or fashion weeks.
Modeling is considered to be different from other types of public performance, such as acting or dancing. Although the difference between modeling and performing is not always clear, appearing in a film or a play is not generally considered to be “modeling”.
Nowadays, most of the people are involving in the modeling filed but the modeling world is one of the most competitive, hardest and possibly dangerous industries to enter into as a career. Modeling is related to the fashion show and it is a glamorous and luxuries field. Modeling makes the known people everywhere.
It is glamorous field because it includes fashion, fitness, and bikini, fine art, and body-part, promotional and commercial print models. Models are featured in a variety of media formats including: books, magazines, films, newspapers, internet and TV as well Celebrities, including actors, singers, sports personalities and reality TV stars, frequently take modelling contracts in addition to their regular work.
Many people are willing to take advantage of young females looking to make it famous with their looks so the modeling is competitive as well struggle field and other hand, there are quality agencies out there that can be hard to get into or accepted to if girls aren’t aware of what steps to becoming a model are necessary.
Some steps to become model
- Love being in front of the camera and an audience.
- Know the type of modeling you’re suited to.
- Be able to perform on demand.
- Be determined and hard-working.
- Have a great attitude and discipline
- Be versatile and able to take directions.
- Need great skill or capabilities to handle all the responsibilities
- Keep your value that don’t ever sacrifice yourself to be a model
- Be able to take rejection and constructive criticism.
- Be able to attend lots of castings, sometimes without much notice.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle, eat the right food and look after your body and skin.
Treat your body as your most important asset. As a model, your appearance is your job.