At least nine people were killed on the spot as a passenger jeep met with an accident in Hansapur area of Arghakhanchi district of western Nepal on Sunday, the Arghakhanchi District Police Office said.
Nine bodies were seen on the incident site while six people were rescued alive and sent to Sandhikharka for treatment, Kulchandra Pokharel, police constable, told THT Online from the incident site over telephone.
The jeep (Ga1Ja 4878) was heading to Bandikot of Pyuthan from Sandhikharka, the district headquarters of Arghakhanchi, when it veered off the road and fell around 400 metres down on the bank of a local rivulet at Postapata of Hansapur, Pokharel informed.
The incident took place at around 3:05 pm. The jeep crash site is around 20 km north of Sandhikharka.
- Bhesh Bahadur Thapa, Purkotdaha of Gulmi
- Buddhiram Pariyar, Bhanbhane of Gulmi
- Shobha Roka Magar, Bangemaroth of Pyuthan
- Ram Bahadur Gharti, Hansapur of Arghakhanchi
- Hom Bahadur Gharti, Hansapur of Arghakhanchi
- Min Bahadur KC, Hansapur of Arghakhanchi
- Chet Bahadur Thapa, Hansapur of Arghakhanchi
- Sita Nepali, Sandhikharka of Arghakhanchi
- Narayan Bahadur Roka, Sandhikharka of Arghakhanchi
- Yet to be identified
Sources: Himalayan Times