“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
“If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.”
“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.”
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
“Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.”
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.”
“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
– Walter Winchell
- “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
– Winnie the Pooh
- “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.”
– Ernest Hemingway
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
– C.S. Lewis
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.”
– David Tyson
- “Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.”
– Washington Irving
- “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.”
– Jim Henson
- “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.”
– Leo Buscaglia
- “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.”
– Thomas J. Watson
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
— Dale Carnegie
- “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”
- “How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live ’em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give ’em.”
– Shel Silverstein
- “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.”
– Oscar Wilde
- “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.”
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.”
– Arnold H. Glasgow
- “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.”
- “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.”
– Albert Schweitzer
- “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?”
– Eugene Kennedy
- “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.”
– Arnold H. Glasgow
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche
It will block you from being open to new relationships.
- Staying friends won’t make the break up easier
- You had sex with them already and it going again in normal friend is difficult to face.
- You will compare everyone they date to yourself
- One will always have hopes of getting back together.
- One of you still has feeling for together.
- Hanging out as friends will be painful. You feel like hugging and kissing them, but you can’t, because friends don’t do that
- Staying friends with your ex will lead to an on-again off-again relationship. You’ll get back together, then break up again multiple times.
- You don’t respect each other but friendship need mutual respect to survive.
- There was abuse in relationship either emotional or otherwise. so, there is no way that your relationship can easily turn in to friendship.