A name that needs no introduction Madan Krishna Shrestha is the finest actor in Nepalese Film Industry. He is Nepal’s most prominet theatre and film personalities. He has performed over 100 plays and more.
Madan Krishna Shrestha was born on Baishakh7, 2007 BS in Jitpur,Kathmandu to a parents Ram Krishna Lal Shrestha and Laxmi Devi Shrestha. He is married to Yeshda Shrestha. They have a son and a daughter. He did his schooling from Shanti Nikunja School and I.Com from Mahendra Ratna Public College.
From his childhood he was interested in music. He got an opportunity to record his very first song in 2022 BS. Apart from this he has worked as a teacher and other firms as well. He has struggled for almost ten years before he was successful.
He rose to fame after he joined comedy duo, Maha Jodi, the other being Hari Bansha Acharya.
He has acted in several movies like Filim, Rajamati, Basudev, Silu, Mala, Truck Driver, Ke Ghar Ke Deraa, Balidaan ,Sukha Dukha,J Bho Ramrai Bho etc
He has played in many theatre acts and some of his Theatre acts include:
- Raddi Tokari
- Sapath Grahan
- Bigyapan (Record breaking drama in Nepal)
- London Airport
- Woda Number 34
This veteran actor is awarded by many organizations and firms. Some of his awards are as follow.
- Gorkha Dakshin Bahu – His Majesty of Government
- Jaycess Youth Award 1988 – Nepal Jaycess
- Rastriya Yuba Gaurav Samman 2054 – Antarrastriya Manch Nepal
- Best Comedian 2043 (1986) – Lions Club Bishal Bazar
- Best Script Writer
- Best Dialogue 2047 (1991) – Nepal Video Film Organization
- Best Singer 2026 (1969) – Prakash Pustakalaya, Jochhen, Kathmandu
- Outstanding Contribution Award 2058 (1001) – Nepal Motion Picture Award
- Hari Tara Award 2052 (1996) – Nepal Film Artist Association
- Best Dialogue – Nepal Film Artist Association