A school should be designed carefully, following the guidelines of Vastu Shashtra, as students are the future of a nation and they need a firm focus and solid concentration. Vastu planning for school is essential to meet the set goals and foster a healthy and competitive environment in school.
Vastu is an age old practise of following certain rules to develop and maintain buildings that promises to harness the natural positive energies surrounding us. This age old practice of Indian civilization delivers wonderful results and makes the life of its practitioners successful, prosperous and peaceful.The best time to start paying attention to Vastu would be when you are constructing your house. Vastu specifies certain rules about constructing the building which can be naturally implemented only at the time of construction. Vastu is a huge subject dealing with all the nooks and crannies of harnessing positive energy inside the building and in our lives
A school is the institution of knowledge and treasure building the potent future. Vastu of school analyses every aspect that contribute in making its students bright and brilliant thereby enhancing concentration and de-stressing. Directions play important role in our life and if a school is being constructed in the wrong direction no student will able to cope and concentrate for the good. Hence Vastu is beneficial for every school.
Vastu Tips for School
- All institutes should be built with East or North-east entrance.
- Leave more space towards the East and North-east while other parts like South, West and South-west must be used for construction.
- Classrooms should be made with entrance in East and blackboard in West.
- Platform of teacher’s desk must be made some feet high from the ground.
- Beams in the classroom must be constructed carefully ensuring that no student sit under the beam.
- Staff room must be made in North-west.
- Toilets should also be built up in the North-west direction.
- Pantry or canteen in the institute should be made in South-east corner.
- Owner or principal’s office must be constructed in South-west or South direction only so that she/he can sit facing North.
- Meeting rooms must be situated in North with east facing door.
- Open play ground should be constructed in the Eastern portion.
- Reception and cashier room must be located in Eastern or Northern side.
- Library in the institute can be made in Western portion.
- Prayer hall in the school must be built in North-east portion to get maximum benefits and better concentration.
- Ventilators including larger windows should be constructed in Northern or Eastern sides.
- Generators and electrical meters must be installed in South-east.
- Keep the administration block in North or East direction.
- Playground for students must be built in East, North or North-east as these are directions that empowers children to success and helps enhancing their skills.
Vastu Shastra is followed by many to improve the inflow of finances and for overall success of their offices and business. This is an ancient Indian planning principle, usually used in architecture and interior design. Vastu consultants recommend that the principles of Vastu be followed from the construction stage itself. But there are many office Vastu remedies that you can employ internally in your office design.
Make sure that you follow all the right procedures and avoid all the bad influences. Vastu Shastra can help a person develop a healthy life for themselves and it will make sure that they get some positive energy from the place as well. Harmony and this inner peace is exactly what are required in life, especially in the professional one and this is exactly what Vastu Shastra provides.
Make your office Vastu Shastra friendly by keeping in mind the principles of design, layout, space arrangement and spatial geometry. Vastu is a science that deals with the construction and architecture. It works by balancing five elements of environment – Water, Fire, Earth, Air, and Space.
Here’re some tips to follow for the success of your business.
- Office building should face north, north-east or north-west direction as it brings good luck and positive energy.
- According to Vastu Shastra, the main door or entrance of the office building should face east or north direction. Do not place anything that creates obstacle close to or in front of the main entrance.
- Keep the central part of office building empty.
- Room of office owner should be in south-west direction and he or she should sit facing north.
- Staff should work facing the north or east directions.
- An aquarium with 9 goldfish and 1 blackfish is recommended in the Northeast is an advisable idea for Vastu for office interiors.
- Conference room should be placed in the north-west direction.
- All the electrical equipment should be placed in the south-east direction of the office building.
- The staircase is best located in the South, West and Southwest locations in the office design.
- If the office has a temple, it should be placed in the Northeast portion of the office design.
- All side tables and telephones should be placed in the Southwest corner.
- Marketing department should be in the Northwest of the office design.
- Do not place temple or idols behind the owner’s seat.
- Toilets should be ideally located in the Northeast and Southwest in the office design.
- The Sitting positions of the staff or any other person in office should be like this that there should be no window and door at the back of the person sitting.
- Colours in office should be pleasing and bright which do not spread sadness or gloom.
- Entrance door – East or North direction
- Owner’s room – Southwest
- Accounts department – Southeast
- Cashier’s office – North direction
- Marketing department – Northwest
- Staff – Northwest
- Guard room – Northwest
- Pantry – Southeast
- Conference room – Northwest
- Temple in office – Northeast
- Locker – Southwest and open facing North
- Reception – Northeast receptionist sit facing either East or North direction
- Heavyweight objects or machinery – Southwest
- Open and clean area – Northeast
- Toilets – Northeast and Southwest
- Labourer’s house – Northwest
- Water tank – Southwest or West direction
- Staircase – South, West and Southwest locations
The Sanskrit word vastu means a dwelling or house with a corresponding plot of land. The vrddhi, vāstu, takes the meaning of “the site or foundation of a house, site, ground, building or dwelling-place, habitation, homestead, house”. The underlying root is vas “to dwell, live, stay, reside”. The term shastra may loosely be translated as “doctrine, teaching”.Vastu-Sastras (literally, science of dwelling) are ancient Sanskrit manuals of architecture. These contain Vastu-Vidya (literally, knowledge of dwelling).
Vastu is an age old practise of following certain rules to develop and maintain buildings that promises to harness the natural positive energies surrounding us. This age old practice of Indian civilization delivers wonderful results and makes the life of its practitioners successful, prosperous and peaceful.The best time to start paying attention to Vastu would be when you are constructing your house. Vastu specifies certain rules about constructing the building which can be naturally implemented only at the time of construction. Vastu is a huge subject dealing with all the nooks and crannies of harnessing positive energy inside the building and in our lives.
As per vastu shastra, different directions belong to different Gods that supervise respective sectors of the house. For example, God supervises Eshan or North-East direction and hence is best suitable for prayer room; Agni (Fire element) supervises South-East direction and hence is best suitable for Kitchen. This means that if various sections and activities related to each section of a house, office, shop etc. stick to principles of vastu shastra then, we start to draw the power of nature effortlessly and achieving goals is easy, spontaneous and effortless.
Many rules of vastu shastra are simple common sense as they relate to ventilation, amount and quality of sunlight a building receives etc. But some principles of vastu shastra relate to energy field of earth and subtle energy fields in natural and constructed environments. Also, people living/working in such buildings have appreciated and verified the effects of these fields.
Vastu Shastra are the textual part of Vastu Vidya, the latter being the broader knowledge about architecture and design theories from ancient India. Vastu Vidya knowledge is a collection of ideas and concepts, with or without the support of layout diagrams, that are not rigid. Rather, these ideas and concepts are models for the organization of space and form within a building or collection of buildings, based on their functions in relation to each other, their usage and to the overall fabric of the Vastu.Ancient Vastu Shastra principles include those for the design of Mandir (Hindu temples),and the principles for the design and layout of houses, towns, cities, gardens, roads, water works, shops and other public areas.
Building Bedroom according to Vastu
Building Bedroom according to VastuVastu Shastra is very important as bedroom is the place for privacy and total relaxation. A bedroom is the place where we retire after strenuous day’s job to relax and have a sound sleep to gain energy for the next day. Vastu Shastra for Bedroom has been given a very high priority and significance.
- As per Vastu for Master Bedroom, it should always be in the South-West corner of the home and head of the family must occupy this bedroom.
- The master bedroom should always be bigger than other rooms of the house.
- If the house is multi-story then master bedroom in the South-West corner of the top floor is best.
- Perfect place for bed in master bedroom is towards South or West wall, so that while sleeping the person’s head is towards South or West and legs towards North or East.
- Bed alignment to any corners is unsuitable.
- West or North side is suitable for attached bathroom, changing room or bath tub etc.
- The bathroom should not face the bed directly and the door of the bathroom must always be kept closed.
- East, North or West walls are best spot for entrance door of master bedroom.
- East or North walls are good for windows in the bedroom.
- If a mirror is in the bedroom with/without dressing table then make sure than none of the body part is visible in the mirror while sleeping on the bed, else the same body part will develop medical problems.
- Use light rose, gray, blue, chocolate, green etc as wall colors for bedroom.
Stay away from use of marble stones (white and yellow colored) in the newly married couple’s bedroom.
Building Kitchen according to Vastu
Vastu for kitchen is important since kitchen represents the “Fire” element.
- Avoid kitchen directly under or above pooja/prayer room.
- Do not have kitchen directly under or above toilets.
- Avoid kitchen directly under or above bedroom.
- Do not place cooking gas burner or stove directly in front kitchen’s entrance door.
- Do not have main door of kitchen in any corners; place it in East, North or West wall.
- Kitchen in South-West leads to clashes among family members.
- A kitchen in North-West direction is acceptable but it leads to increase in monetary expenditure.
- Most dangerous kitchen is the one placed in North direction; as North is Lord Kubera’s (the God of Wealth) direction, having kitchen in North will increase expenditure of family beyond expectations and control.
- Never face west while cooking as this leads to severe health problems to the cook.
- If – while cooking – the cook faces south then family has to face monetary losses.
- Avoid black color for kitchen wall and flooring.
- Avoid keeping refrigerator in North-East direction.
Building Study Room according to Vastu
- Place study room in West, East or North-East of a home.
- Student, while reading must face either East or North direction.
- Provide windows in learning area in East, North or West wall.
- Provide doors of study room in North-East, North, East or West.
- Avoid doors in South-East, North-West and South-West corners of Study Room.
- Do not sit below beam while reading.
- Study place should have ample amount of light.
- Student should not face blank wall or window while learning.
- Space between student and wall in front facilitates open mentality and new ideas come to mind.
- A solid wall behind student signifies support.
- Avoid toilets in study place as far as possible.
- Provide a bathroom in reading room.
- Provide book rack or book shelf in East or North wall of reading area.
- If books are kept in South-West corner, then they remain untouched.
- The books kept in North-West corner gets stolen by someone.
- The book shelf should never be located over or above study table.
- Use square or rectangular study table for best results.
- Vastu for reading room suggests that room should have images of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati.
Building Toilet/Bathroom according to Vastu
- Water closet (commode) should preferentially be aligned to North-South axis in toilet.
- Build toilets in West or North-West side of north of a room depending upon whether toilet is with bedroom or separate.
- Toilets can also be constructed on South side.
- Place commode inside the toilet in West, South or North-West side of West.
- Fit the pot, in toilet, in such a way that while using the commode the person never faces East or West.
- Construct toilet 1-2 feet higher than ground level.
- You can have entrance door of the toilet on East or North wall.
- The flooring of toilet should slope towards East or North so that water drains from these sides.
- Store water, taps etc. in East, North or North-East.
- Color walls of toilet as desired, but prefer light colors.
- Do not have water closet, in toilet, above or under pooja room, fire or bed place.
- Avoid toilets in center, North-East or South-West corners of home.