Dehydration is not a simple health issue. It can create big health problem. Dehydration is happens when your body get lack of sufficient water. Nowadays it is going big issue in everybody’s health.
Dehydration happens when more fluid is lost by the body than is replaced by drinking liquids. Dehydration can be mild, moderate, or severe, based on how much of your body’s fluid is lost or not replaced. Severe dehydration is a life-threatening emergency. Anyone can run out of liquids in their body due to various reasons, so it is important that you always hydrate yourself with water. Infants and children are especially prone to dehydration since their bodies are composed of 70 percent and 65 percent water, respectively
Our body need of full water in every day. Because our body is made up of about 60% water. Once the water in your body is reduced, it needs to be replaced because an imbalance between the salts and sugar in your body can affect the way you will perform.
If your body has lost one to two percent of its entire water content, you will feel thirsty, a sign that you need to replenish the lost liquids. Dehydration happens when you’ve lost too much water in your body without replacing it, preventing your body to perform its normal functions. Mild dehydration can easily be treated but if it reaches extreme levels, it can be life-threatening and will require immediate medical attention.
Symptoms of Dehydration
- dry or sticky mouth
- Sleepiness or tiredness
- Muscle cramps
- few or no tears when crying
- eyes that look sunken into the head
- soft spot (fontanelle) on top of baby’s head that looks sunken
- dry, cool skin
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Minimal urine
- lethargy or irritability
- fatigue or dizziness in an older child
Prevention of Dehydration
- Water plays such an immense role in your bodily functions, so drink sufficient water how much your body needed.
- Do not take salt tablets. They can cause a serious complication.
- One good rule of thumb to prevent dehydration is to drink as much water until your urine turns light yellow.
- Always bring a bottle of water with you during exercise or any physical activity, especially when the temperature’s too hot.
- It necessary to pay attention of people who are sick with fever, vomiting, or diarrhea, so they may not become dehydrated.
Information are gathered from various sources.