Psychology is the study of the mental processes and behavior. Psychology is not just an academic subject that exists only in classrooms, research labs, and mental health offices. The principles of psychology can be seen all around you in everyday situations.
There are lots of Psychological facts which couldn’t be counted on hands.Every person in this world is different and have their own way to perceive the world.
Here are some Psychological facts of human minds listed below:
- There are more than 400 distinct phobias well recognized by psychologists.
- The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
- 30% of pregnant women crave nonfood items, an eating disorder called pica.
- There is a gene that can cause you to be negative most of the time.
- The brain treats rejection like physical pain, according to scientists.
- 68% of the people suffer from Phantom Vibration Syndrome, the feeling that one’s phone is vibrating when it’s not.
- Research conducted on comedians and funny people have shown they are usually more depressed than average.
- Crying makes you feel better,reduces stress, and may help to keep the body healthy.
- The feeling of Certainty can be triggered without the need for facts or reasoning, using electric stimulation over a specific part of the brain.
- Around 6% of people have narcissistic personality disorder. They have a strong sense of self-importance and lack empathy.
- Gratitude can boost do pamine and serotonin, just like antidepressants.
- If you announce your goals to others, you are less likely to make them happen because you lose motivation, studies confirmed.
- Your mind “rewrites” monotonous speech of boring people to make it sound more interesting.
- Your favorite song is probably your favorite because you associate it with an emotional event in your life.
- The key to happiness is spending your money on experiences rather than possessions, according to studies.