It is a fact that not all shops in the same market do equally well, despite selling the same wares. Some shops are more popular and appear to attract larger crowds. As a result, they do brisk business. Others however, remain empty, despite alluring interiors and promotional gimmicks. We may think that the nature of the shop owners or their salesmanship skills makes them popular and win them dedicated customers.
But the location of the shop, exteriors including the slope and shape of the plot, placement of interiors, direction for the entrance, exit etc. also plays equally important role in making a shop/business prosper. A Vastu complaint shop is constructed with proper orientation, directional method and keeping in mind to design quintessentially for the placement of things like cash counter, placement of shop material.
Vastu advice for shops and showrooms is based on the deep study of various determinants, which include the location of the shop, shop/showroom exteriors including its slope and shape of the plot, placement of cash counter, seating position of the owner and the employees, placement of goods, direction for the entrance, exit etc.
In short we can say that the Vastu needs to be equally considered before making a new shop/business. The shops which are Vastu compliant always profit and prosper.
Vastu Shastra For Shop
- An ideal shop should be square-shaped or rectangular or have a front wider than the rear. However, triangular or irregular shaped shops or those with narrow front and wide rear should be avoided, as they lead to financial loss and mental tensions.
- There should be no slope towards the entrance of the shop, as it is deemed inauspicious. It makes profits inconsistent.
- The entrance should be completely open and not obstructed with objects, like trees, poles or even by product stands.
- It is recommended that the doors of your shop should open towards the right side.
- The cash counter should open towards the north, the quadrant of Kuber, the Lord of Wealth. Ensure that the cash box is never empty.
- The shop owner should sit inside the shop facing east or north. He should never sit facing south or west, as it creates problems or losses. The cashier is best located in the south-east.
- Hot selling items are best placed in the north-west, the quadrant of air, which aids movement.
- Every morning, after opening the shop, prayers should be offered to God by lighting a lamp and burning incense sticks.
- Auspicious symbols of swastik should always be displayed in the shop. The words ‘shubh-labh’ and ‘riddhi-siddhi’ should be written on one of the walls inside the shop.
- Avoid placing the idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi on the right or northeastern corners of the shop.
- In case you have planned to install television or computer in your shop, then assign the southeast corner of the shop.
- There should be no open drain in front of the shop, as it causes loss of wealth. Even stagnant water in front does not bode well for the shop.
- The showcases and other heavy items of furniture should be placed towards the south-west of the shop, but never towards the north-east, as it leads to losses.
- The shop counter should be angular and not curving or round. It should be placed in the south-east or the south-west.