A school should be designed carefully, following the guidelines of Vastu Shashtra, as students are the future of a nation and they need a firm focus and solid concentration. Vastu planning for school is essential to meet the set goals and foster a healthy and competitive environment in school.
Vastu is an age old practise of following certain rules to develop and maintain buildings that promises to harness the natural positive energies surrounding us. This age old practice of Indian civilization delivers wonderful results and makes the life of its practitioners successful, prosperous and peaceful.The best time to start paying attention to Vastu would be when you are constructing your house. Vastu specifies certain rules about constructing the building which can be naturally implemented only at the time of construction. Vastu is a huge subject dealing with all the nooks and crannies of harnessing positive energy inside the building and in our lives
A school is the institution of knowledge and treasure building the potent future. Vastu of school analyses every aspect that contribute in making its students bright and brilliant thereby enhancing concentration and de-stressing. Directions play important role in our life and if a school is being constructed in the wrong direction no student will able to cope and concentrate for the good. Hence Vastu is beneficial for every school.
Vastu Tips for School
- All institutes should be built with East or North-east entrance.
- Leave more space towards the East and North-east while other parts like South, West and South-west must be used for construction.
- Classrooms should be made with entrance in East and blackboard in West.
- Platform of teacher’s desk must be made some feet high from the ground.
- Beams in the classroom must be constructed carefully ensuring that no student sit under the beam.
- Staff room must be made in North-west.
- Toilets should also be built up in the North-west direction.
- Pantry or canteen in the institute should be made in South-east corner.
- Owner or principal’s office must be constructed in South-west or South direction only so that she/he can sit facing North.
- Meeting rooms must be situated in North with east facing door.
- Open play ground should be constructed in the Eastern portion.
- Reception and cashier room must be located in Eastern or Northern side.
- Library in the institute can be made in Western portion.
- Prayer hall in the school must be built in North-east portion to get maximum benefits and better concentration.
- Ventilators including larger windows should be constructed in Northern or Eastern sides.
- Generators and electrical meters must be installed in South-east.
- Keep the administration block in North or East direction.
- Playground for students must be built in East, North or North-east as these are directions that empowers children to success and helps enhancing their skills.